1920 The Street

Written 1920, Winter, published in The Wolverine 1920.12.

Opening Statement:
     There be those who say that things and places have souls, and there be those who say they have not; I dare not say, myself, but I will tell of the Street.
Synopsis:
     A Boston (?) street’s history is described starting from its colonial beginnings. After WWI, some European terrorists plot an attack from the now-dilapidated street area. The buildings suddenly all collapse on the terrorists, killing them. A brief image of the street in better times flickers into view.
From Dr. Armitage's Notes:
     This story is basically a historical record, and is written mostly in a dry, journalistic mode.
The Horrible Conclusion:
     There be those who say that things and places have souls, and there be those who say they have not; I dare not say, myself, but I have told you of the Street.
Read it here.

Follow'd by "Celephais"